In the Nursery we intend to create an environment in which children are safe from abuse and in which any suspicion of abuse is promptly and appropriately responded to. We will achieve this by:
- Working in partnership with the Area Child Protection Committee.
- Work in partnership with parents by building up trusting and supportive relationships.
- All staff in the Nursery will be trained to recognise the symptoms of possible abuse.
- Prevent abuse by good practice e.g. adults will not be left with children alone in the Nursery.
- Children will be encouraged to develop a sense of autonomy and independence through adult support in making choices and expressing their feelings. This will enable children to have self-confidence and vocabulary to resist inappropriate approaches.
- Respond appropriately to suspicions of abuse.
- Suspicions and investigations will be kept confidential.
- Keep appropriate records.
NB: IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO DISCUSS WITH STAFF.